Steps to a hassle free move
4 Weeks before your move
- Notify the post office of your move.
- Get packing materials and start packing NOW, unless
you have packing services
- Order boxes from Moving Solutions at a fraction
- Collect everything not to be moved for garage sale
or charitable donation.
- Begin using up your supplies of food, buy only what
you will use before the move.
Prepare a list to notify of your move
- Trash Cable/Satellite
- Fuel (Oil/Propane)
- Dry Cleaner
- Lawn Service
- BanksCredit Card Companies
- Auto Finance Company
- Health Club
- Insurance Agency
- School Records
- Dept. of Motor Vehicles
- Social Security Administration
- State/Federal TaxBureaus
- Veterans Administration
Three Weeks before your move
- Make family travel plans.
- Reserve hotel rooms and airline tickets as needed.
- Make Hotel Reservations
- If driving, have your car serviced for the trip
(check tires, brakes and windshield wipers, fluids,
- Have rugs and draperies cleaned. Leave both wrapped
when they are returned from the cleaners.
- Gather valuable personal papers that you may need at
your destination location, including medical and dental
records, school records, birth certificates, etc.
Two Weeks before your move
- Set a date for having utilities disconnected. If
possible, plan to keep utilities in service through
- If upholstered furniture must be placed in storage,
do not clean before moving. Moisture could cause mold in
- Dispose of all items too dangerous for our Tulsa
movers to move,
including flammable liquids.
- Hazardous Materials – items that are flammable,
corrosive or explosive.
- Perishables – Food, plants or living things that may
die or spoil in transit.
- Gather irreplaceable items and\or sentimental items
be carried with you instead of being packed with your
One Week before your move
- Decide what to do with houseplants
- Arrange for transportation of pets.
- Collect all items that are being cleaned
- Have enough medication to last at least two weeks.
- Buy traveler’s checks.
- Make arrangements to pay for your move.
- Be on hand when the
Tulsa movers arrive.
- Point out to the packers any extra-fragile items
needing special attention.
- Have beds stripped and ready to be packed.
- Save your energy – let the moving crew disassemble
- Discuss the delivery arrangements fully with your
- Make sure your Moving Solutions driver has the exact
- Tell your movers in Tulsa how to reach you at your
- Keep in contact with the mover’s agent at your
destination while you are in transit.
- If you cannot be reached at destination, the mover
may have to place your shipment in storage. This can
mean additional charges for storage and handling.
- Upon delivery, check your goods for damage.
- Be on hand to accept delivery. If you cannot be
there personally, be sure you authorize an adult to be
your representative to accept delivery and pay the
charges for you.
- Check your household goods as they are unloaded. If
there is a change in the condition of the property from
that noted on the inventory at the time of loading or if
any items are missing, note discrepancies on the van
operator’s copy of the inventory sheet. By signing the
inventory sheet, you are acknowledging receipt of all
items listed. Personally report any loss or damage to
your salesperson or move coordinator.
- When unloading, each piece of furniture will be
placed as you direct, including the laying of rugs and
setting up any beds disassembled at origin.
- The mover is not obligated to rearrange your
- Place a floor plan of your new home by the entrance,
which the movers can use to determine where each piece
of furniture should go.
- To prevent possible damage, television sets, other
electronic equipment and major appliances should not be
used for 24 hours after delivery, allowing them time to
adjust to room temperature.
Looking for moving companies in Tulsa OK? Call us.